Sunday, January 15, 2012

My Destiny

As I fall, it falls with me. Being driven into the ground.
Going farther into the hole I dug. Leaving a blanket for me,
A blanket for me to land on.

Every day I would sink farther. Deeper into a hole.
Closer to the core, closer to the abyss. Every day it falls farther
Than I do. Never standing a chance of rising back up.

The thoughts of you coming back to me lay
At the bottom of this hole. The thoughts of
You not ever hurting me, I lay along with it.
The idea of an everlasting love, lies at the
bottom of the stack. All hopes have sunk.

Ideas of faith shattered instantly. Never coming
Back to the surface. Forming the bottom layer of this
Pillow of broken hopes.

Images of reality are mixed with dreams.
Dreams are what my life is made of. Dreams
Get broken in a matter of seconds. Broken with just
One word. Sinking lower and lower.
Till finally they hit the bottom.

My hopes have drowned in a sea of tears.
Drowned just like everything I have ever known.
Shattered and torn like glass and rags. Forming the bottom
Of a hard pillow on the floor of a dark abyss. As I hit the
Bottom I shatter just like my hopes and dreams.
Sunken Hopes have broken my fall. Shattered dreams have
Made me bounce. But Gravity brings everything back down.
Sunken hopes and Shattered dreams is my destiny.