Friday, July 29, 2011

I dont mind being small..



I read a line written by an european intellectual - "Humility is necessary to the enjoyment of anything."

And Yes !! i totally agree with the quote of this great unknown intellectual.

I need to make myself smaller than the object, moment, or person i am experiencing in order to truly soak it up. Otherwise, I will just trample it, like a galumphing elephant does a shrub, and move on in pursuit of the next big thing. Something about the picture of making myself small really got through to me and I've been thinking about it a lot. It takes a conscious effort sometimes, but I feel all the corners and cracks and enter into things more. It's so easy to feel entitled, you know? But when I'm small, I don't feel entitled. I don't mind being small. I am small. I feel awed. And alive. My feet dancing on the ground, mossy and heaving with life my arms outstretched and face to the sky,low, smooth, and strangely tangible..I laughed in exultation and hugged the nearest tree and thanked god for the strange, most glorious gift of life. I feel awed. And alive. Yes !! I don't mind being small..

Perhaps the secret to stayed and beautiful life is ' littleness ', watching God bring His swooping wing low – how exponentially magnified He becomes if we acknowledge our humble position. Yes !! I dont mind being small..I am small. I feel awed. And Alive.