Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Gone, but not forgotten





















Gone, but not forgotten
This pain, I cannot hide
In memory, I see you
A million tears, I've cried.

The tender thoughts you left me
Come to my memory
Your loving smile, so precious
Will always be with me.

You visit me everyday
Upon a ray of sunshine
When flowers bloom
In a star-lit night night

When winds are gently blowing
Across a cloudless sky
Within a rolling meadow
Where horse and cattle lie.

I see you in the treetops
As summer comes to be
In shadows, you do linger
A soul so young and free.

I see you around myself
Your scent does fill the air
Just like a precious flower
A rose, so ever fair.

In my heart, I find you
Along the wounded veins
Within the distant thunder
I see you in the rain.

In early hush of morning
You come without a sound
Upon a blazing sunset
Your memory can be found.

Like sprigs of morning glory
Upon the vine, they grow
With branches reaching outward
Into my heart, you go.

Just like a special angel
God wrapped you in His care
And took you off to heaven
To live with Him, up there.